This page is powered by Blogger.

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends...

Remember ''The NEW browser wars'' (IE 7 vs. Firefox 2.0 vs. Opera 9.2)?
Well, The Ipod Company now officially has a dog in this fight. Safari 3.0 Beta for windoze XP/Vista.
Just DL'd it. At the next reboot I'll install it.
UPDATE: Installed and given a qwik once over. It's beta for sure, can't set a homepage (it defaults to apple.com) doesn't block popups/popunders and has rendering issues.
It ignores css width settings so it thinks this blog is 'wider' that it actually is. Only a minor demerit. I should be able to fix it when I have time to. The Ipod Company touts the speed in page rendering compared to IE or Firefox and that's true, it renders pages faster than either IE or Firefox.
I took note that The Ipod Company did not compare Safari to Opera. Nor should they, Opera is better at both page rendering and speed compared to Safari.
I do give The Ipod Company credit for not forcing iTunes or Quicktime on me in order to try out Safari. Perhaps The Ipod Company has learned its lesson.
More Here...

Labels:

posted by YIH @ 2:32 AM on Tuesday, June 12, 2007
                      

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home