This page is powered by Blogger.

On fansubs...

I won't get on my high horse about whether they are right or wrong.
I've DL'd fansubs as ''a free preview'' and if I liked what I saw, I went ahead and bought it.
I can't say that's a good way to make the decision on ''Buy or Not Buy'', but for me it usually works.
That's how I chose to buy Hanaukyo Maid Team La Verite. What I saw as a fansub made me bring out the credit card. Same for Hand Maid May.
This method of pre-screening Anime doesn't always work however, I went ahead and bought Onegai Teacher (which, if you can make it past the first five minutes, is actually good!) and it's sequel Onegai Twins (which is both a waste of time and money).
But it IS helpful in avoiding tragic errors. Kiddy Grade comes to mind, I'm damn glad I saw it before I bought THAT disaster!!!
J Greely's review of it was more entertaining then watching the whole series would have been. Yes, IT IS THAT BAD, here's a just a taste:

It doesn't get any better than that. It's downright awful.
That said, I see DL'ing fansubs as a way to sample something. Sorta like the lady (sometimes guy) at the Sam's Club offering me a bite on a toothpick and saying ''You like it? You can buy it over there''. That's how I see fansubs.

Labels:

posted by YIH @ 2:02 AM on Saturday, March 3, 2007
                      

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home