This page is powered by Blogger.

I understand...

I used the time codes in this NOT SAFE FOR WORK page as a suggestion only! I played through each scene from 1-2 minutes prior to 1-2 minutes after. THAT'S how I made my comparisons. Yikes!
That did not work after 1:04:13 on disc 3. The scene at 1:23:19 does not appear at all! No possible match whatsoever. Not even a foul tip, a complete swing and a miss.
''Bob says he's going to be talking to someone at Geneon soon (for other reasons), and will ask about this when he does, so I guess we'll get the official word on it all in a week or so.''.
We're not talking about JetBlue here folks, Geneon is not going to confess that they released something that may or may not be legal in America and could run into legal problems in most of the world. As in Oregon, it's legal. Take it to Vancouver, Canada maybe not.
I can see a Canadian saying: ''But Your Honor, I bought it online from an American distributor!'' and the Canadian Judge saying ''That does not matter, it violates Canadian Law: Guilty''. Guess who else would be facing charges under Canadian Laws!
The idea of facing prison time would be enough incentive for me 'to fix it' alone. As Steven said in his review: ''Complaints: I guess the best way to put it is this: if this series had been filmed with live actors, owning it would be a felony.''. In Canada (and many other countries) it IS a felony. The fact that it's a cartoon changes nothing.
In America I can only say that legally it's in a grey area. It could be legal or not depending on how American Law is interpreted in a particular case.
If I ran Geneon I would err on the side of caution. And I sure would not admit to this mistake. Sweep it under the rug and walk away hoping I don't get caught later.
I will talk about my Employer in this regard (This is way too close to Rule #1 for comfort, but I can document what I'm saying. And I have plenty of witnessess). A reporter asked The Company Spokesman if there would be layoffs at The Company. The Company Spokesman confirmed it to the reporter. The reporter did his job and published the story. It got transmitted to newspapers everywhere. A local paper to me picked up the story and because it involved a local employer, went to print with it.
The Vice President of The Company had to fly to the closest major airport and drive to My Employer's facilities, gather a mandatory meeting of all Employees to say ''What you saw in the paper this morning is not true''. But it was true. The Company Spokesman issued the press release, and it was filed as a report. What was reported was accurate. That's all I am going to say of this subject.
Note: NO, I will not name my Employer, A.K.A. ''The Company''. It is my current Employer, therefore it cannot be named. That's ''Rule #1; Don't bite the hand that feeds you''. I made the details of that story vauge for a reason. I can document what I say, but will not at this time.
UPDATE: This is the first time I've had to remove an already published UPDATE:
But it was nessessary due to the controversial issues at hand. I now understand how those Danish cartoonists feel. It is speech, but it's not nessessarily free. Not even in America...

Labels: ,

posted by YIH @ 12:55 AM on Sunday, February 25, 2007
                      

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home